Workers Compensation Insurance
When an employee contracts a disease, is injured, or becomes disabled while on the job, the business owner may be liable for the employee’s lost wages or medical expenses. Worker’s compensation insurance can provide affordable protection from worker’s compensation claims and reimburse employees for lost wages and medical care.
Workers compensation in California is based on a ratings system known as the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau of California, or WCIRB. The WCIRB has more than 400 member companies, all of which are licensed to administer worker’s compensation insurance in the state.
Our agents can help you determine which worker’s compensation provider may be able to provide you with the benefits most appropriate to your organization’s unique needs at a competitive price. One of our agents will help you learn about your options for workers compensation in California so that you can make the decision that is best for your business and employees.
Purchasing workers compensation in California can provide your employees with many benefits, including:
• Temporary and permanent disability benefits
• Medical care
• Supplemental job displacement benefits
• Vocational rehabilitation
• Death benefits
When you are shopping for workers compensation in California, you will need to take several things into consideration.
1. You will need to consider the legal requirements. California has specific requirements governing how much worker’s compensation insurance you are required to carry for your employees.
2. You will need to consider the amount of coverage you need. The number of employees and the type of business you have both play a role in how much coverage you will need.
3. You will need to consider the risk classification of your business. Some types of work are inherently riskier than others and this will affect your premiums.
4. You will need to consider ways to keep your employees safer while on the job. Training programs and adequate safety procedures can reduce your premiums.
Worker’s compensation insurance is a critical aspect of running any business, and it can protect both your organization from liability and your employees’ livelihood. To learn more about your options or to get a quote for worker’s compensation insurance, contact one of our experienced insurance agents today.